Wahluke Eagles

This blog describes the joys of coaching an AAU basketball team from Mattawa, WA. Our team and town is roughly 90% Mexican. The blog celebrates and describes life in a central Washington town through the eyes of the players and their coaches.

Name:
Location: Mattawa, Washington, United States

I work as a School Psychologist in the Wahluke School District. When I am not coaching I enjoy fishing, reading, and riding my bike.

16 January, 2006

Pre Season Jitters

Going undefeated has taken a toll on the boys. They keep asking me who our opponents will be and what happens when we loose. Antonio summed up this anxiety yesterday when he said, "I wish our next game never comes." Luckily a few of the boys are more level-headed. Oscar, who has his moments of cheekiness, has said he's ready of we loose as long as he does his best during the game.

Our first game could be as soon as next Saturday, so we shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home