Wahluke Eagles

This blog describes the joys of coaching an AAU basketball team from Mattawa, WA. Our team and town is roughly 90% Mexican. The blog celebrates and describes life in a central Washington town through the eyes of the players and their coaches.

Name:
Location: Mattawa, Washington, United States

I work as a School Psychologist in the Wahluke School District. When I am not coaching I enjoy fishing, reading, and riding my bike.

10 March, 2006

Second Place

The Wahluke Eagles entered the last week of play second from the bottom. We finished second from the top. I told the boys, it was a tale of two teams. Mattawa and Mabton, both feeling heady from a successful run in the Fall. Both teams suffered a series of heart breaking losses. But instead of giving up, they persevered, worked harder, and came together as a team. The standings show second place, but these boys are number one in my book.

¡Si, se puede, los hijos de la frontera!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home