Wahluke Eagles

This blog describes the joys of coaching an AAU basketball team from Mattawa, WA. Our team and town is roughly 90% Mexican. The blog celebrates and describes life in a central Washington town through the eyes of the players and their coaches.

Name:
Location: Mattawa, Washington, United States

I work as a School Psychologist in the Wahluke School District. When I am not coaching I enjoy fishing, reading, and riding my bike.

29 April, 2006

Playing Our Twins

Christopher repeated the phrase last night as we ended practice and I think it's a good one. Wapato is great team who knows how to handle the ball. The Eagles too know their way around the court and so it becomes a matter of which team is going to work all 24 minutes.

As practice concluded, Mr. Martinez told the boys how excited he was for them and how he wishes he was playing in the game. I shared that sentiment. It is a big game for the boys Number 1 facing off against Number 2.

Mr. Martinez and I also reminded the boys. It is important not to give up, to do their best the whole game, to play as a team, and that no matter the final score they are winners in our eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home